Thursday, August 13, 2009

Moonshine Designs.... hardly basic...

basic

This post took two weeks.

Oh, you'd never really know it, it's not too much different from any of my other blog posts. Scroll through the history, there's a tone, a theme; it's all connected. No, this post won't look too different from what you've seen before, but it still took two weeks to do.

Why?

Honestly, the photography. I couldn't take a decent pic to save my life.

Soooo frustrating. Ugh. It wasn't the clothes, it wasn't the skins or hair. There was always just something, well, off about everything over the last few weeks.

Super frustrating actually, because it's the picture taking that's pretty much my favorite part of Second Life lately. I can't book a vacation and head out to the airport to go places like Bryn Oh's Immersiva or Baron Grayson' Crucible sims. I don't have an album on a bookshelf from my time lounging on beaches while dragons fly overhead anyplace in Real Life. No, it's all in Second Life. All of it. It's like some dream place in a children's book where it's so real to them but the boring grownups don't believe in it at all. I love having photos of those dreams, I love the fact that Second Life has some places and is populated by designers who can add to my little imaginary fantasy.
basic2
So, that makes picture taking pretty important. More than that, it's how I try to share cool stuff I've found inworld with all of you. Sometimes, apparently, my brain just won't cooperate with that. Maybe I needed a break. I mean, I DID stop by a few clubs and listen to some awesome music. On the other hand, I spent a ridiculous amount of $L and spent who knows how long constantly changing hairs and whatever. Well, let's just call it a vacation and leave it at that (Wow, so THAT puts a scary thought in my head. How do you take a vacation from a fantasy world? Third Life. Whoa.)

There are a ton of pictures from the last few weeks, stuff I wanted to put on the blog but ended up just deleting at the last minute. Some of it I still have, maybe I'll play with them later, make some screensavers or posters or something. It was an epic struggle, fighting with sliders, changing facelights or removing them altogether, messing with the sun.

Then, the other day, for absolutely no reason I can find... well, it all came together.

Okay, so what was I struggling to share? Well, lots, but the first thing I want to share with you is this simple, sexy and gorgeous top from Moonshine Designs. Shelly Toonie's 'Basic Tanks', well. Ok, I have a serious issue with the name here. 'Basic'? Hmmm, well, call them basic if you want, but they're anything but boring.

I've always loved the texture work Shelly does with fabrics, and while her new tanks might not have any patterns or designs, the texturing is really very gorgeous. The simple wrinkles and folds where the fabric 'stretches' is really nicely done, and subtle while still adding enough to make these a lot of fun to look at (if you're like me and obsessively zoom into fabrics to see how far they go. I'm sure there's a disorder name for it. Whatever.). Oh? and Sexy? YUS, VERRY. With sheer options for each tank, you can show as much or as little as you'd like or just add an interesting accent to another outfit. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.


Worn:

Pic 1

Moonshine Designs Basics Tank Marigold
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Imogen/186/128/2

[Gauze] Elf Ears
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Snatch%20City/228/228/2

Snow Rabbit S@R w003 medium beige skin pink
http://slurl.com/secondlife/tricolore/176/207/36

Pic 2

Moonshine Designs Basics Tank Pitch Sheer

Bizarre Hair Xtreme Messy Blonde
http://slurl.com/secondlife/0031%20Marktplaats/195/248/22

Illusions Abyssal Ears: Elfin
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Carnivale/208/94/33

[Curio] Lumine Juxt
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Curio/128/130/38

Ce Cubic Effect Waist Scroll Khaki
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Chantilly/119/128/29

Tokushi Natural Fae Wings
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Skittle%20Beans/189/189/43

2 comments:

Raven Haalan said...

Fantastic photography, and a great look - those tanks ROCK.

Ty for posting :)

Shelly@Moonshine said...

Minx you did gorgeous pictures. Thanks so much for the work you put into showing those off.
Really love the look of the tank with the CE Cubic sash..is that what you call it? whatever it is, you're Mrawr!