Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sn@tch~Do You Dred?

dred

Dreads dreads dreads. Dreads.

Oh, did I mention dreads? Yah, two days in a row now. Yesterday of course we looked at Kallisti Burns' take on the style with Yannick. Today, Ivey Deschanel of Sn@tch asks us the question, Do You Dred?

Do You Dred is a bit different actually. I mean, it's hair from Sn@tch, not something I've seen before. DYD is a really cool long style, with options as far as bangs and top knot to let you customize it from the cute 'Betty' style bangs to a more severe v shape. There's a swept look or you can just go bangless. Pretty flexible.

Something here too that deserves mention. First of all, I love a cool dread style, it's not something I'd actually do in RL though. Dreads are kinda high maintenance if you know anything about them. Second Life is there to let us play with ourselves, right? We can try the things we might not be able to in our first lives. So why is it that you'll hear little mutterings around the metaverse that styles like dreads and even braided styles like the ones Discord Designs is famous for are too ethnic? It bugs me, especially when I see something really cool and interesting like what we've seen this week. Of course, I guess it's ok that I can be confident I won't run into too many people rocking the same look as me; but on the other hand, it's a little sad that so many SLifers still find ways to limit themselves in a world that's supposedly limitless.

Now, the fact is, I know that enough of Purely Visual's readers aren't really hung up on that sort of stuff, so I'm probably preaching to the perverted already. Do You Dred is NOT an ethnic style. It's a very lovely addition to Sn@tch's already very cool line of goth, punk and raver style accessories and clothes, and something for ANYONE looking for an interesting and fun way to play with your avatar. Really well made, very customizable, and... well... just rockin'. I love em.

So if oyou like em, go grab em. Don't let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn't be able to wear. Get on down there. Now!

Love you.

Sn@tch City

No comments: