Friday, December 5, 2008

Belleza Skins~Belle

Skins are an interesting thing in Second Life. There's no other accessory, seriously, that makes people soooo crazy and draws such devotion. Your skin is YOU, after all, and once you find a skin designer that fits, well, it's easy to get hooked.
belleza3

It makes it tough too, as a consumer, to try different skins. Oh, sure, maybe there's some quality somewhere else, but once you find your own personal look, well, it's hard to get out of that comfort zone.

Of course, I'd HEARD of Belleza, but honestly, I'd never tried a demo, never gone to a shop until Belle Lefavre offered up the opportunity to review Tricky Boucher's upcoming new release. THAT'S how I am with skins... like I said, I had my faves, right? Well... wow.

Okay, I'll start with the nitty gritty stuff. First of all, these are really good. Designing is hard enough, I'm sure, when it's just about making a pretty skirt with a nice texture to it... but skins? I can't even imagine the work that has to go in to getting those tones just right, especially under the evil, glaring eye of windlight. Belleza's tones hold up nicely, and little details like the nipples and..um... down there are really well done. One area I've seen overdone in other skins is in the hollow of the throat area; which, especially with some designers I can think of (but not NAME, for goodness sake!) can be overdone. They can look a little 'tendon-y' (new word! 10 points for me!). The makeups are flawless, lips and eyes are nicely done, and there is a nice selection to choose from.

The tones shown above are from the Belle 'Pale' line, and it's nice to see a pale skin that doesn't border on 'pasty'. Simply, these are really well made skins, and I'll be sure to keep watching Tricky Boucher's work. Definitely 'glam', yes, I expect to see these on some runways in the future... but stylish enough to keep at least ME interested.

Worn:

Skin: Belleza Skins Belle 'Pale' tone (assorted makeups)

Hair: Tukinowaguma Hair Styles Kotochan 'White'

Jewelry: :+:Studio Sidhe:+: Bone and Silver Engraved Set

No comments: